In this article, we will explore different options for adding MeetGeek Notetaker to your meetings.
Specifically, we will review:
Prefer video format? Check out our quick overview video here 👇
How to add MeetGeek to a meeting automatically
The first steps is to sync your calendar from your upcoming meetings page:
After connecting your calendar, you'll see the next 14 days of calls from your primary calendar.
How will your notetaker join your meetings?
By default, MeetGeek automatically joins all your meetings based on the scheduled events in your Google/Outlook calendar that contain a valid conference link (Zoom, Google Meet, or Microsoft Teams).
The "Upcoming meetings" page of your MeetGeek account displays all your scheduled meetings that will be joined by the Notetaker.
However, you can customize the default settings and set your own rules for the MeetGeek to only join specific events. Let's review the available options:
1. Use the toggles to control whether MeetGeek should join you at each particular meeting or not.
2. You can control whether you’d like to record all scheduled events or just the meetings that you host. In the latter case, MeetGeek won't join meetings where you're only an invited participant, and those meetings won't be recorded.
3. Choose which conferencing software meetings to join by checking or unchecking the boxes under each listed conference platform.
With the automatic option, MeetGeek promptly joins your meetings at the scheduled time and uses the web conference link to connect to the call.
The host of the event needs to admit the Notetaker into the meeting room. Once admitted, MeetGeek starts recording the meeting.
How to add MeetGeek to a meeting manually
If you have a meeting that is not on your calendar or you have not connected your Google/Outlook calendar to MeetGeek, you can invite the Notetaker to your meeting manually in two ways:
From your MeetGeek account
From your calendar
- How to add MeetGeek to a meeting from your MeetGeek account
1. First things first, copy your Google Meet/Zoom/Microsoft Teams meeting link. You can do this from your browser or use the link that was shared with you to join the event.
2. To join the meeting, navigate to the "Upcoming meetings" page within your MeetGeek account. Next, paste the meeting link you just copied into the "Add to live adhoc meeting" field and click "Join".
3. The MeetGeek Notetaker will appear in the conference room in a couple of seconds
- How to add MeetGeek to a meeting from your calendar
1. Create a meeting on Google / Microsoft Outlook Calendar and invite [email protected] to the meeting.
2. Make sure that the event includes the web conferencing URL on the calendar invite. MeetGeek will join your meetings at the scheduled time and use the web conference link to connect to the call.
Once added, the host of the event needs to admit the Notetaker into the meeting room. Once admitted, MeetGeek will appear as another member of the meeting and start recording the meeting.